Translate

Vistas a la página totales

sábado, 18 de febrero de 2017

To my english speakers friends...My first publication in Blogger.

"When we met"
Author: Reneé González Martínez, from the book “De las miserias del hombre”, 
published by Editorial Porrúa Print x la Libre (México, 2017)

I opened the door and the light rushed in, and bathed
the whole room and the dining room. The silhouette of the man against light
interfered with me from recognizing who he was. I had to use my left hand as
a visor to appease the glow, and I found a familiar sight on the old man standing
in the doorway. Without telling him to come in, he came in, and when the  curtains
in the room made a shadow, I noticed in those expressive eyes a hidden. He
looked tired, it betrayed his breathing. He might have walked a lot to get to see me.
 "  Eh", I said when I reached for a clue.
 "Umju", the old man said and nodded, trying to keep his eyes open under the weight 
of his elderly eyelids.
"You look older than when you left".
So is".
We sat facing each other in the dining room, as usual.
 " Grandpa, you look older now than when you died", I repeated.
He smiled, clasped his hands on the table and looked at me calmly said:
  "The bad life ".
      "How is the bad life of a dead man? What can worry you?" 
  "Not having you".  
" I thought you rested in peace".  
  "They are inventions of the living, son.  That little box where you put me hurts my
back 
       a lot", he said in a whining voice.
     " And grandma?". 
" Remember that she left first and we bought her a more comfortable box. She
sleeps and rests better than I do. She is less old and happier. She is happy to see
you again".
"And why didn’t she come?"
   "Because I came".
   "And why are you sad?"
His gaze settled on me with a little pity, with a little compassion.
      "What happen?", I asked.
     After a sepulchral silence, he said: "You have not noticed, son".
     "Of what?".
"You are not alive anymore".

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario